There are many incidents that took place around the world that would leave us stunned for what they are. Here, we are presenting before you some of them. We are sure you will be surprised knowing them.
Take a look:
Things you never knew that actually happened
1. R. Norris Williams survived the Titanic tragedy but spent such long time in the icy Atlantic ocean that doctors wanted to amputate his legs. He refused and went on to win his 1st US Tennis Championship that same year.
2. In 2015, BMW advertised that it is giving saying, "Come with any old car & take Brand new BMW". As it was April 1st, thinking of it as a prank, no one took it seriously while a lady showed up with an old Nissan Car. She got a brand new BMW in real.
3. Wyndham Worldwide is the largest Chain of Hotels with 8092 Hotels and an amazing 40, 000 employees. It is in 66 different countries and found on six continents.
4. India is the ONLY country in the World that uses the MRP (Maximum Retail Price) system to fix a maximum price for products and commodities.
5. A $6.8 million Jewellery theft took place in Germany had a piece of evidence left behind by the sweat of the thief which led to DNA analysis which found that the thievs we're identical twins. As it got difficult to find out which one of them involved in the Robert, both were let free.
6. Europe as strict noise laws and so the clubs use silent discos and the clubgoers rely on headphones to listen to music.
7. Satyajit Ray who is an Indian filmmaker, screenwriter, graphic artist, music composer and an author by profession. He was the first recipient of ALL HIGHEST CIVILIAN awards by Govt of India.
8. The chemical name for the protein "Titin" is the longest word in the English language. It has 189,819 letters.
9. If the human brain were a computer, it could perform 38,000 trillion operations per second.
10. Many Indian farmers use PEPSI & COCA-COLA as pesticide considering it's cheap cost and effective use.
11. It takes 9 hours, 36 minutes, and 10 seconds to reach the 1,048,576th row of an Excel spreadsheet by perpetually pressing the down arrow.
12. Ronaldinho lost a huge $750,000 (that is approx Rs.4,87,50,000/-) sponsorship from COCA-COLA simply because he took a SIP from a PEPSI can during a press conference.
13. The stones in Romania called Trovants grow and multiply after rainfall.
14. Before the 20th century, aluminium was so hard to produce it was more valuable than gold.
15. In Japan, Hiroshima Peace Flame has been burned CONTINUOUSLY SINCE IT WAS LIT IN 1964.