Some lesser known facts about former Prime Minister Dr. Manmohan Singh
The fourteenth Prime Minister of the country, Manmohan Singh, took birth on 26th September 1932. He had played vital positions during the 70s and 80s which comprise Cheif Economic Advisor, Advisor in Ministry of Foreign Trade, Head of Planning Commission and Reserve Bank Governor. Manmohan Singh served as the Finance Minister from the year 1991 to the year 1996 during the term of P.V. Narasimha Rao as Prime Minister.
Check out some lesser known facts about Dr Manmohan Singh:-
- He took birth in Gah (currently a Part of Punjab, Pakistan).
- Mr Singh turned to be the first Sikh Prime Minister of the country
- Mr Singh is only the 2nd PM to be re-elected after a full 5-Year term since Jawaharlal Nehru.
- Manmohan Singh had given up his job from United Nations (UNCTAD) to become part of Delhi School of Economics as a senior Professor.
- Manmohan Singh cannot read Hindi. All of his speeches in Hindi are penned in Urdu.
- Manmohan Singh completed his study under kerosene lit lamps.
- He is the most competent Indian Prime Minister in the country as well as in the whole globe.
- Till the year 1991, Manmohan Singh was a political and unexpectedly the newly chosen PM P.V. Narasimha Rao chose him as the Finance Minister in his cabinet.
- He was the man who led India in a victorious manner out of the harsh economic disaster in the year 1991.
- He boasts of 14 Honorary Degrees of D. Litt.
From the Following Universities –
- Osmania University, Hyderabad
- Delhi University, Delhi
- Punjab University, Chandigarh
- Kurukshetra University
- Guru Nanak University, Amritsar
- University of Mysore, Mysore
- Sri Venkateswara University, Tirupathi
- Indian School of Mines, Dhanbad (Deemed University) D.Sc. (Honoris Causa)
- Doctor of Laws, University of Alberta, Edmonton, Canada
- University of Bologna, Italy
- Nagarjuna University, Guntur
- The University of Roorkee, Roorkee (Doctor of Social Sciences)
- Dr Bhimrao Ambedkar University (formerly Agra University) – Doctor Letters degree
- Thapar Institute of Engineering & Technology, Patiala (D.Sc)
- Manmohan Singh has won many awards that comprises Padma Vibhushan from Indian administration
by Vijay Singh | Thu, Jul 05 - 01:15 PM