NRAI Survey reveals 86% house wives prefer Food delivery apps in India nowadays

The National Restaurant Association of India has revealed a baffling increase in usage of food delivery apps in India these days. The modern Indian houses prefer ordering food rather than cooking food at home. Another damning statistic is that Indian families are having 7 meals outside the home per month.

The survey held in 24 cities, revealed that on average, each household spends approximately 2500 rupees per month on food. 3% Indians have food in restaurants on a daily basis. The increased reliance on food delivering apps has also led to an increase in the result of this survey.

In the same report, 44% people revealed that they go out once or twice in a month to restaurants or cafes. Furthermore, 27% people go out every week to have food outside.

There are various reasons that could lead to an increase in unhealthy eating habits. Firstly, being easy availability through food delivery apps such as Zomato, Swiggy, Uber eats, etc.

Elsewhere, increasing income for working-class people in metro cities has directly led them to contribute to this increasing trend. At such an alarming rate, the health levels could be affected due to unhealthy eating habits and sedentary lifestyle. Ever since the advent of food delivery apps, people have stopped going out.

Zomato, a food delivery giant claimed that they raise up to 2 crores 10 lakh orders per month in the nation. Whereas, Swiggy claims that they are generating up to 2 crore orders per month. Each of these orders is of 300 rs on average. 90% people prefer to pay in cash while the rest 10% use coupons, mobile wallets, credit cards or debit cards.

The survey that included more than 130 restaurant CEO's and 3500 customers further revealed that 75% people still prefer going out for having food, while 11% prefer ordering food online. A further 14% prefer to carry away their orders. The report also claimed that 9% people have outside food on Mondays while the percentage rises up to 42% on Sundays.

by Admin | Mon, May 13 - 03:52 PM

Related Posts

Unseen Pic Of SRK-Gauri As She Flaunts Her Newbie Bride’s Look In Red Saree, Mangalsutra & Chooda

Star Pairs Like Sallu-lulia, Katz-Vicky & Others Keep Us Guessing About Their Romance

New Study Concludes People With Mental Health Issues Have Changes In Visual Perception

Taapsee Pannu Gives Away Major Boss Lady Vibes Through Her Recent IG Post; Caption Steals The Show

From Shilpa Shetty Kundra To Jacqueline Fernandes, Bollywood Stars That Own Expensive Restaurants