Share Market: Sensex falls, take a look today’s top gainers and losers
Nifty fell for the 2nd consecutive day after a Monday's rising trends on Wednesday. The Nifty dropped to 14700 during the intra day. The indices of metal and energy shares fell in the day.
Considering the falling trends of the Nifty, the traders need to take a close look and analyze it before it drops to 14400 on Friday. However, chances of revival to 14850 are still on talks. The major losers were the metal indices. Considering the hike in the global interest rates and bond due to the rising commodity prices and inflationary pressure, the impact was felt on the Indian indices as well.
Sensex was down 471 points or 0/96% at 48690.08 and the Nifty fell by 154.30 points at 14696.59. Throughout the day around 1571 shares advances, 1443 shares declines and 151 shares were unchanged. Indian rupee wale ended 8 paise lower at 73.42 due to selling saw in the domestic equity market.
Top BSE Sensex gainers include:
- Titan- The company was the top gainer of the day with a rise of 1.31%. It closed at Rs. 1,454.80.
- Maruti- The company closed at Rs.6,820.40 rising the shre price by 1.21%
- SBI- The share rose by 0.93% which closed at Rs.367.85.
- PowerGrid- The company saw an unexpected rise of 1.05% and closed at Rs.225.80
- NTPS: The shares saw a jump of 0.53% to settle the day at Rs.113.25
Top Losers of BSE Sensex include:
- Induslnd Bank- The share dipped by 3.35% ending at Rs.917.25
- ONGC- The company experienced a fall by 2.54% closing at Rs.115.05
- Hindustan Lever- The shares ended at Rs. 2,329.05 with a fall of 3.07%.
- ICICI Bank- A dip of 2.43% was seen in the share closing at Rs.594.95
- Axis Bank- A skid of 2.23% was seen in the shares which settled at Rs.691.30
Top Gainers on NSE Nifty:
- Tata Motors: A 3.17% rise was seen with the shares ending at Rs.325.55
- Titan: The share saw a rise of 1.62% with the ending rate at Rs.1458.50
- Maruti: The company saw a surge of 1.31% with the shares value at Rs.6825 during closing bell.
- PowerGrid: The shares jumped to Rs. 226 with a rise of 1.16%
- Cipla: The value of the shares rose by 1.02% ending the day at Rs.900.
Top Losers on NSE Nifty:
- Tata Steel: The share value declines to Rs.1175 with a fall of 4.77%
- Hindal Co: The shares closed at Rs.395.50 witnessing dip by 3.46%
- JSW Steel: The value declines to Rs.708.9 with a fall of 3.45%
- Induslnd Bank: The share saw a fall of 3.41% settling at Rs.916..50 at the time of closing.
- BPCL: The company saw a decrease in share value by Rs,448 due to a 3.08% fall.
In all, the market environment was neutral as 1587 shares ended higher on BSE. The stock market will remain closed on Thursday on the occasion of Eid-ul-Fitr or Ramzan Eid.
by Tapasya Iyer | Wed, May 12 - 05:53 PM