In major and special news for those who have Jan Dhan accounts in the State Bank of India (SBI), the well-known banking institution stated that if they can file applications for 'SBI RuPay Jan Dhan Card', they can be eligible for a cover of Rs 2 lakh under the accident insurance.
State Bank of India made the declaration of this scheme on the bank's official Twitter handle. The country’s major banking Institution tweeted, “It's time to put yourself on the road to success. Apply for SBI RuPay Jandhan card today.”
The bank has also shared all about the benefits of the scheme that are as follows –
- The benefits of administrative plans directly reach your account.
- The facility of free mobile banking is also offered along with the account.
- Overseas facility will be given after 6 months of opening of Jhan Dhan account.
- Accidental insurance cover up to Rs. 2 lakhs will be a major benefit.
- Life cover up to Rs. 30,000will also be provided.
- The account holder will get a RuPay Debit Card through which he can take out money from the account or also make any kind of purchase.
- Interest is received on deposit.
- Money transfer facility all over the nation.
- Simple to purchase insurance, pension products via accounts.
- If there is a Jhan Dhan account, then accounts will be opened for pension in schemes like PM Kisan and Shramayogi Maandhan.
Any resident of India aged 10 or above can be eligible for opening a Jan Dhan account. You can also transfer your basic savings account to Jan Dhan Yojana account.