PV Sindhu Birthday Special and Nine Facts Of Sindhu Will WOW You
PV Sindhu, an ace badminton player has surely made our country proud as she represents India and has also won a number of medals. The ace badminton player has become the first ever Indian women to win the silver medal in Rio Olympic 2016 Women’s Singles Badminton event. Not just this, Sindhu has a number of records to her credit which shows she is so dedicated to her profession and is making her country proud.
The ace player has turned 22 today and we wonder how someone at such a small age can gain so much of name and fame. Well, it’s all because of her sheer dedication and hard work. Sindhu is an inspiration to many and also has a huge fan following across the country.
On the special occasion of her birthday, let’s get to know more about this athlete. So here are some unknown facts about PV Sindhu which you probably are not aware of.
- P.V. Sindhu is from Hyderabad, Telangana and is born to born to P.V. Ramana and P. Vijaya.
- P.V. Sindhu as her father, P.V. Ramana was a professional volleyball player, so sports is already in her genes. Her father was honoured with Arjuna Award for his excellence in the game of volleyball. Her mother, P. Vijaya too was a professional volleyball player.
- That player in PV Sindhu was there since her childhood. She started playing badminton at the age of 8. Sindhu had already decided to become a badminton player and had started working on it.
- Sindhu participated in the 5th Servo All India ranking championship for under 10 categories and ranked 5th and received recognition at the national level.
- She won the Olympic medal at a very young age of 21. At this age usually people are confused about their life goals, but P.V. Sindhu is already clear about goals and achieving them too.
- P V Sindhu’s full name is Pusarla Venkata Sindhu.
- Not many know but, she is a fan of Pullela Gopichand, a former badminton star. She drew inspiration from Gopichand’s success in 2001. Presently, Gopichand is her coach.
- She used to travel almost 27 Kms every day to reach her training centre in Hyderabad. And what’s more amazing is that she used to always reach home on time.
- The ace player has many awards to her credit. Some of them include:
- Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna (highest sporting honour of India) in 2016.
- Padma Shri (fourth highest civilian award of India) in 2015.
- Arjuna Award in 2013
Here’s wishing PV Sindhu a very happy birthday and a bright future ahead!
by Vijay Singh | Thu, Jul 05 - 09:57 AM