Indian Railways have a wide network that connects all over India. This is one of the best parts about India because commuting has been made easy. Indian Railways makes life easy for people and people also reach to whichever place they want.
Take, for example, Indian Railways have been considered as one of the largest one all over the world as there no such place which connects like this.
So sometimes people book tickets to visit their native place or attend any function. So in case of emergency, people sometimes have to cancel their tickets. So people can now transfer their tickets but only once. This time around Indian Railways have made a new provision for people and this has also made it convenient for them.
Indian Railways have made it easy for people but this request will be granted only once. In case of students, marriage party and NCC cadets, such request for a change in excess of 10 per cent of the total strength of group shall not be granted.
Indian Railways offers the facility of transferring a confirmed ticket to somebody else by submitting a request at least 24 hours in advance of the scheduled departure of the train.
According to railway's website- indianrailways.gov.in, a person holding a confirmed ticket can transfer his/her ticket to family members viz, father, mother, brother, sister, son, daughter, husband or wife. Indian Railways' ticket transfer facility can be availed for both offline and online tickets.
For online tickets booked via IRCTC (Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation), passengers can visit the closest railway reservation office with a printed copy of e-reservation slip and make a request.
The following pointers will help you. Here are the key things to know about Indian Railways' confirmed ticket transfer facility:
1. Railway ticket's transfer request can be made only once.
2. Such a request shouldn't exceed 10 per cent of the total number of group members, said Indian Railways.
3. Tickets can also be transferred to another government servant travelling on duty, at least 24 hours in advance of the scheduled departure of the train.
4. Tickets can also be transferred to other students of a recognised educational institution when the principal/head makes a request at least 48 hours in advance of the scheduled departure of the train.
5. Tickets can even be transferred to other members of the marriage party if the head of such a party makes a request at least 48 hours in advance of the scheduled departure of the train.
6. One can also transfer the ticket to other cadets of NCC (National Cadet Corps) if the head of the group makes a request at least 24 hours in advance of the scheduled departure of the train.