India is the cricket loving nation. A huge credit goes to the likes of Kapil Dev, Sachin Tendulkar, MS Dhoni and Virat Kohli who have made the country proud on the world map of Cricket by their exceptional cricket game.
Kapil Dev and Sachin Tendulkar have retired from the game long ago and Dhoni has retired from the tests a few years back. Every responsibility has now come on the shoulders of Virat Kohli. He plays with full force and expertise but unluckily he does not get enough support from the rest of the team on the ground. Openers often go out early and Virat has to handle everything from the middle. A similar situation is in current India vs England test where Kohi is the only hope for Indian fans.
India allowed England to put on board 180 runs, despite having them on the mat at 87 for seven at one stage with Ishant Sharma (5/51) and R Ashwin (3/39) troubling the home batsmen in the first two sessions.
A 20-year old kid, born to a Zimbabwean cricketer, has already done something special to pull England out of a massive hole, dragging them from 87 for 7 to a competitive 180, all thanks to India's fielding.
India ended the action-packed third day of the first match at a precarious 110 for five, still, 84 runs adrift from a tricky 194-run target, in Edgbaston on Friday. Kohli, who turned it around for India in the first innings with a combative 149, now stands between victory and defeat for the visitors.
Following are chances for both the teams.
Chances of India to win if:
1. Virat Kohli stays till the end.
2. One of the tail-enders score at least 20-30 runs.
3. India must score most runs before new ball taken by England.
4. Before lunch session, India should score 60-70 runs without losing more than 2 wickets.
Chances of England if:
1 They just got out Wicket of Virat Kohli.
2. They must try to keep other batsman/tailenders on strike.
3. At least take one Wicket as early as they can.
4. England seam bowlers manage to swing balls in the air which is a big problem for India.
Stay tuned to Laughing Colours for the latest sports news and updates.