Happy Birthday to the Queen of Indian track and field, PT Usha
Being a female and setting a big example in a sports arena must be highly appreciated as it is uncommon in a nation such as India. One such great personality who has proved herself in the history of the sports is PT Usha.
PT Usha, who turns 54 on today, redefined Indian sports during the eighties and nineties. She turned out to be the youngest Indian runner to contend at the Olympics when she participated in the 1980 Moscow Games and she was just 16.
During the 1984 Los Angeles Olympics, the inspirational runner remained at the fourth position in the 400m hurdle episode.
Extending our special birthday wishes to this well-known player, we are showcasing a few unfamiliar facts about the golden lady.
- We are sure that only a few people are aware of the initials PT that represent Pilavullakandi Thekkeparambil.
- Because of her birth in Kerala’s Payyoli region, the ace personality has been dubbed as Payyoli Express
- PT Usha is also frequently named as the ‘Queen of Indian track and field’
- She was just 16 years old at the time of her debut at 1980’s Moscow Games
- Usha got was honoured with Padma Shri during the year 1985
- In addition, she got special recognition as the player of the era by the Indian Olympic
- She was also named as the sports lady of the millennium by the Indian Olympic
- After her retirement in the year 2000, she launched her Usha School of Athletics where she trains young hopeful sportsmen.
We Wish PT Usha A Very Happy Birthday!
by Vijay Singh | Tue, Jun 26 - 04:43 PM