Happy Birthday Mithun Da, The Tall And Dark Man Has A Massive Film Record
Mithun Da also known as Mithun Chakraborty is one of the top-notch Bollywood stars who has won many hearts with his alluring and special screen attendance.
Though Mithun Da’s most popular dialogue from the movie Gunda, “Itihaas badalne waale ka naam, kabhi itihaas mein nahin hota hai (the one who changes history, is the one who never finds his name in history),” grips the truth for many.
The actor’s name will get penned in bold letters when the past of Bollywood will be written.
The actor, who is celebrating his 68th birth anniversary today, danced his way to glory in his 1982 super hit movie, Disco Dancer and till today his matchless dance style makes the actor proudly be seated on the throne of Bollywood’s ‘Disco Dancer’.
Today, as the tall, dark and the good-looking personality of Bollywood, we return to the older times to create a list of some of his renowned films out of his total 350 movies.
- Mrigayaa (1976): Mithun Chakraborty took a flight with Mrinal Sen’s super hit movie Mrigayaa. In the movie, he donned the role of Ghinua. He bagged the National honour for Best Actor and the movie also bagged the National honour for Best Film.
- Agneepath (1990): The actor as a South Indian Krishnan Iyer MA turned out to be a big hit in spite of sharing the space with another superstar Big B. Mithun’s recital in the crime drama movie helped him bag a Filmfare Award for Best Supporting Actor.
- Tahader Katha (1992): The multi-talented star bagged his second National honour for the strong character of an Indian freedom fighter.
- Disco Dancer (1982): Mithun’s special role in the movie, ‘Jimmy’ brought him the much required commercial triumph. The film turned out to be a runaway success not only in the country but also in the overseas nations. It also the actor his two names in Bollywood, Jimmy as well as Disco Dancer.
- Guru (2007): During his second innings on the big screen, the actor made a comeback as Manik ‘Nanaji’ Dasgupta in Mani Ratnam’s superhit flick, Guru which also featured real-life Jodi Abhishek and Aishwarya Rai Bachchan. For his role, he also bagged Filmfare nomination for Best Supporting Actor.
We Wish Him A Very Happy Birthday!
by Vijay Singh | Fri, Jun 15 - 03:54 PM