England is now leading the series with 3-1 against India. The fifth test started yesterday where India aims for a respectable series with 3-2.
In the fifth and final Test of India's tour of England, Virat Kohli chose to bring fresh talent Vihari in the playing XI, replacing all-rounder Hardik Pandya. Vihari became the 292nd player for India to wear the Test cap.
Vihari has an exceptional record in first-class cricket with an average of 59.79. He has scored 15 centuries with the highest score of 302*.
Here are some interesting facts about India's 292nd Test player Hanuma Vihari that you need to know.
1. After 19 years, an Andhra Pradesh player has been selected in India's Test squad. Current Chief Selector MSK Prasad was the last one to represent Andhra Pradesh in the Test side.
2. Hanuma Vihari was the part of Sunrisers Hyderabad in Indian Premier League but as a classic batsman, he didn't have a good record there and scored just 280 runs with a poor average of 15.55.
3. In IPL, he picked up the wicket of destructive West Indies batsman Chris Gayle and it remains his only wicket in the tournament.
4. Hanuma Vihari is above all contemporary cricketers in terms of first-class cricket average, with 59.79 he is on top of the table and behind him is suspended Australian batsman Steve Smith who is at 57.27.
5. In the 2017-2018 Ranji Trophy, Vihari was in the form of his life and scored 750 runs in just six matches with a mind-blowing average of 94, that also includes his highest first-class score of 302*.
With the departure of Alastair Cook for 71, England lost five more at the expense of just 49 runs to stand at 198 for seven at stumps. It was indeed a stunning third session for India who now has three more wickets to scalp before they can bat.
Stay tuned to Laughing Colours for the latest sports news and updates.