RD Burman AKA Pancham Da Special: Some Interesting Facts Of The Legendary Music Maestro’s Life
RD Burman will be the most famous personality in the world of music and Bollywood. He has given terrific music for decades and all of them were a huge hit. In fact, his songs today are remixed and presented as per the taste of the current generation. From introducing the use of electronic sounds to bamboo whistles, he always added something unique to his music. From the age of 9 to 54, the talented singer and composer made entire country dance to his magical tunes.
Let’s get to know more about Pancham Da and also some unknown interesting facts about him.
- Ever wondered why R D Burman was called by the name Pancham Da by everyone? Well, there’s a story behind. We hear that R D Burman could actually cry in 5 different notes. And Pancham means 5 in Bengali so that’s how he got this name “Pancham Da”.
- We bet everyone must have heard about the superhit song Sar Jo Tera Chakraaye in our childhood and we still enjoy listening to it. You will be amazed to know that this song was composed by Pancham Da when he was a kid. His father included it in the soundtrack of Guru Dutt's Pyaasa. What a great talent!
- The mouth-organ in Hai Apna Dil to Aawara from the movie Solva Saal was played by RD Burman himself.
- It rarely happens that a song overshadows the movie. But this would have had happened. So here how the story goes, But back then, Dev Anand didn’t include the full version of the song Dum Maro Dum in his movie, because he feared that the song would mask the movie.
- Right from the beginning of his career, Pancham Da knew that he did not have the voice of a playback singer.
- He composed music for a whopping 331 movies.
- Burman made his first onscreen appearance in Mehmood’s Bhoot Bangla.
- He composed the opening music for the song Chura Liya Hain Tumne Jo Dil Ko by hitting a spoon against a beer bottle and some cups and glass.
Pancham Da you will be in our hearts forever!
by Vijay Singh | Thu, Jan 03 - 01:27 PM