"If Urdu is a gift to the world, Gulzar is a gift to Urdu."
GULZAR, the legendary writer turns 85 today. As he grew in this world his writing became mature and now they are immortal. He writes like a dream. A dream which you want to live forever and ever and never want to wake up from.
Either, it is his poetry, prose or lyrics of the song, the magic he creates is unforgettable every time. Born as Sampooran Singh Kalra, is one of the excellent lyricists and poets India has ever seen with the pen name Gulzar. We are really thankful that after partition he came to India from Jhelum, Pakistan. Well, the pain of that partition is still reflected in his writing. On his 84th birthday, here are some beautiful lines written by National Award-winning writer, director, and lyricist which will make you fall in love.
1. "Kuch iss qadar daakhil hua mere zehen mein woh,
Ki saanson mein aaj tak ussi ki mahek hai."
2. "Teri mehek hi tere hone ka ehsaas hai,
Dikhaayi dete nahin ho, fir bhi to paas hai."
3. "Bheed mein bhi aaj kuch akela sa hoon,
Iss shor mein bhi teri awaaz ka intezaar hai."
4. "Daga dete kahaan hain paraaye,
Dil toh aksar apne dukhaaya karte hain."
5. "Maine jebon si nikaali sabhi sukhi nazm,
Tumne bhi haaton se murjhaye hue khat khole."
6. "Zindagi ki daud mein ek turn hi fursat mein ho,
Saalon pehle jaisa dekha tha, aaj bhi bilkul waise hi ho. "
7. "Dekh kar bhi andekha kar dena koi tumse seekhe,
Khamoshi tumhari cheekh se bhi tez goonjti hai."
8. "Din kuch aise guzaarta hai koi, Jaise ehsaan utaaita hai koi.
Aaina dekh kar tasalli hui,Humko iss ghar mein jaanta hai koi."
Indeed! he writes like a dream that creates magic in our hearts. Happy birthday Gulzar Saab!
Stay connected to Laughing Colours for more such updates.