They say that Finding a job is not a tough task when you have a degree from a well-known university. Employer prefers candidates with best qualification background. But, what about those who don't have a degree? Do they have to remain jobless that entire life?
Well, the solution is here, now some Companies have become the friendly place for job seekers. Yes, you read it right. Recently, a job -search site Glassdoor compiled a list of top employers who no longer require applicants to have a college degree.
Last year, Joanna Daley, IBM's vice president of talent told, "It that about 15 percent of her company's U.S. hires don't have a four-year degree. " She said, "instead of looking exclusively at candidates who went to college, IBM now looks at candidates who have hands-on experience via a coding boot camp or an industry-related vocational class."
So, here have a look at the name of those companies:
1. Publix is now ready to have an employee with no degrees in pharmacist, retail set-up coordinator, maintenance technician, job fair and they have jobs in Lakeland, FL; Atlanta, GA; Deerfield Beach, FL.
2. IBM: The recent opening position is financial blockchain engineer, lead recruiter, contract and negotiations professional at San Francisco, CA; Raleigh-Durham, NC; Austin, TX.
3. Bank of America has positions for client service representative, client associate, analyst, executive assistant in Tulsa, OK; Wilmington, DE; New York, NY.
4. Starbucks: The company has opened its gates in Dublin, GA; San Francisco, CA; Compton, CA for the position of barista, shift supervisor, store manager.
5. Apple: Openings in design verification engineer, engineering project manager, iPhone buyer. Hiring locations include: Santa Clara, CA; Austin, TX; Las Vegas, NV
6. Google: One of the finest company of the world shiring people with no degree in designation like product manager, recruiter, software engineer and product marketing manager at these places: Mountain View, Austin, TX, San Francisco.
7. Penguin Random House: Here the current positions are marketing designer, publicity assistant, senior manager of finance and, production assistant. And they are hiring in New York, NY; London, England; Colorado Springs, CO.
Stay connected to Laughing Colours for more such updates.