Some interesting facts about Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge as the film completes 23 Years
The love saga of Bollywood that teaches how to love with full passion completed its 23 years today. On the same day, the film Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge got released 23 years ago. The film established Shah Rukh Khan as a romantic hero and gave us one of the most loved jodis SRK and Kajol of all time.
So, let's know 20 lesser known facts about Shah Rukh Khan and Kajol starrer Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge:
- On hearing the script, the actor wasn't so impressed as he was not a huge fan of romantic roles. The actor said yes to do the film because of his love for Aditya Chopra and his father, late Yash Chopra. However, the decision brought him an immense success.
- The film was gathering a huge audience and after seeing the rushes of the film, Aditya went to his dad and told him, "This is my Deewar!"
- Filming the field scenes created problems for the makers as farmers protested against the unit for destroying their crops. SRK sorted the matter.
- The lead actor of the film SRK always maintained a light mood on the set and brought most of the humor in the film.
- Most of us haven't noticed Juhi Chawla's presence in the film's shoot? But it is just her cap and her back.
- Ruk Ja O Dil Deewane was choreographed by Farah Khan which was not shot in any European country, but in India only.
- DDLJ inspired a lot of themes of weddings, cakes, dresses, and what not!
- For her originality, Kajol bagged the role of Simran in the film.
- The actress though didn't like the towel act in the song, Mere Khwabon Mein Jo Aaye. Also, the skirt she wore later in the song was longer, but Adi cut its length. It was revealed by Manish Malhotra.
- A hotel scene in which Kajol wakes up with SRK and geta worried that she did more than just sleep with him was shot after many takes.
- Only Kajol's best friend Karan used to control her on the set as she troubled everyone from Aditya Chopra to Farida Jalal.
- The actress was very shy and coy for filming the Mehndi Lagake Rakhna song. So both choreographer Saroj Kumar and Aditya Chopra helped her to get the act right.
- Aditya Chopra used to be different from his real-life behavior on the set of the film. He remained strict which he was actually not.
- Once Kajol revealed that Aditya Chopra watches his every film first-day first show and review the movie, and even predict how much money the film would make.
- Anupam Kher being the Raj's father tell him his forefather's name in the film. In reality, they are actually Anupam Kher's own uncles.
- Aditya Chopra went to watch DDLJ at Gaiety cinema and found no one had walked out of the movie even at SRK's farewell speech then only he realized that the film will be a super hit.
- During the filming of Tujhe Dekha Toh Yeh Jaana Sanam, Shah Rukh Khan asked Karan Johar to direct a film for him. Even Kajol too wanted the same. So they came with Kuch Kuch Hota Hai!
- Karan Johar's role of SRK's best friend was the last minute inclusion.
- Farah Khan choreographed only one song Ruk Jaa, not all because she was busy at that time choreographing for Nana Patekar.
- Uday Chopra and Karan Johar were the men behind the final editing of the film.
So folks, share your thoughts with us on the same in the comments section!
by Vijay Singh | Fri, Oct 19 - 12:48 PM