Since past many decades, the members of the Royal family have been getting hitched in style. From Queen Victoria to Prince William, each wedding had something intriguing which caught everyone's attention.
Today, the royal family will welcome another Prince and Prince as Prince Harry and Meghan Markle are all set to walk down the aisle. But before that here's a gander at a portion of the lesser-known actualities about the illustrious weddings from the past.
1. The tiara which was to be worn by Queen Elizabeth broke just right before her wedding. OMG!
2. Princess Diana mixed up the order of Prince Charles' name while exchanging vows! Oops, that's a major goof up!
3. Prince William and Kate Middleton did not exchange rings during their wedding. While Kate wore a Welsh gold ring, Prince William chose not to.
4. Unlike the tradition, Prince William and his bride, Kate Middleton, had two wedding cakes - a frozen chocolate biscuit cake and the main royal wedding fruitcake.
5. Queen Victoria started the tradition of wearing a white dress for the wedding. But before that, the royal brides used to wear red color.
6. Princess Diana had a secret message painted on her wedding shoes. They had a small initial of her name and Prince's name 'C' and 'D' hidden under the heel.
7. Queen Elizabeth used ration coupons to pay for her dress because even royalty couldn’t escape the rationing imposed on British citizens following World War II.
8. Princess Diana chose to abandon the royal wedding tradition of saying she would "obey" Prince Charles instead wrote her own wedding vows.
9. Princes Charles forgot to seal a kiss at the altar after exchanging vows with Princess Diana. Later, they smooched on a balcony outside Buckingham Palace, starting a new tradition for others to follow.
10. Princess Diana reportedly spilled perfume all over her gown while trying to dab it on her wrists while she was on her way to the ceremony.
11. Kate Middleton famously did her own makeup for the event for her wedding with Prince William.
12. Queen Victoria and Prince Albert's two-tier wedding cake was reportedly the first ever to be topped with figures of a bride and groom.
We are sure you must be surprised and fascinated to read these facts about the royal weddings which has happened so far.